Monday, November 29, 2010

Official License

Today I received my official license in the mail. It only took about 4 weeks surprisingly. It's pretty cool to actually hold it in my hand. It feels kind of like when you graduate from college. You know you have a degree but it's not the same until you are physically holding it in your hands.

For some fun facts....
According to the AOPA Jan. 12, 07 newsletter.
84,866 student pilots
242 recreational pilots
939 sport pilots
236,148 private pilots
130,234 commercial pilots
144,681 airline transport pilots
 Due to the economy these numbers have been declining. I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers are now 10% lower!

To get my commercial I have to have 250hrs**. To get my ATP I have to have 1,500hrs**! I've got a long way to go. One step at a time.


**Obviously it's more than just the hours but that's just a simplified reference point.

No comments:

Post a Comment