Sunday, February 26, 2012

Currency Renewal

As I look through my log book I realize its time for me to renew my night currency. FAR 61.57 Recent Flight Experience states that "no person may act as a pilot in command of an aircraft carrying passengers or of an aircraft certificated for more than one pilot flight crew member unless that person has made at least 3 takeoffs and three landings withing the preceding 90 days".

Specifically for night experience "No person may act as pilot in command of an aircraft carrying passengers during the period beginning 1 hour after sunset and ending 1 hour before sunrise, unless within the preceding 90 days that person has made at least three takeoffs and three landings to a full stop during the period beginning 1 hour after sunset and ending 1 hour before sunrise." 

So basically what that means is tonight I'm going flying!!! This will be kind of a boring flight, but it will give me a chance to focus on some basic fundamentals and pattern work. I'm a firm believer that solid fundamentals make for solid performance of advance maneuvers.

No comments:

Post a Comment