Sunday, March 27, 2011

GREAT WEEKEND

What an awesome weekend. Saturday morning I got a call from a buddy to fly in his twin engine Piper Aztec to Cole County Illinois to meet another fellow aviator for pancakes. It's about halfway between St. Louis and Indianapolis.

Then on Sunday had an excellent day at church. Then afterwards took my wife to Dayton International - DAY to meet some friends for dinner. I fought a headwind @ 5,500 feet going there and got vectored a bit so it took about an hour 20 minutes to get there. But coming back it only took about 50 minutes @ 6,500 feet. I flew my wife over our house on the way home and we saw the "mega house" off Michigan by Butler's campus.

When we pulled up to the General Aviation Ramp I was greated not only by the friendly folks at Wright Bro's Flyers, but a Canadian Royal Air force F18. Apparently he had some mechanical issues with his fly by wire flight computers. So he had to detour until the Airforce could send a mechanic to fix the problem. He was enroute to an airshow. I felt bad for him because he had been there for a couple of days.




We ate dinner then went to the gun range to shoot a few rounds off. Then back up into the sky!!! What a fun weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment